Sunday, September 21, 2008

I ♥ to yawn, don't you?

I look at you, I take a BIG yawn and next thing you know, you're yawning too! Yawning is contagious. To get the crowd yawning, all you have to do is to get ONE person to yawn.
Why? How does this work? I did a small research and I found out that, when a person you are looking at yawns, the message your brain captures is ' Sleep sleep sleep! I'm tired! ' You may not be that tired but by merely looking at someone being tired, the receptor in your brains which control the involuntary actions will be triggered and tell you that you're tired too! Then, next thing you know, you're yawning too.

Ps: I have always found pleasure in yawning, weird? Or are you just the same? hehe..

2 comments:

  1. yeap! you're so right! My brother watched this mythbuster show when they did this experiment on yawning. Everytime my friends yawn..i yawn! You know the emotion huey jenn sent to me..it was a 'I am bored' emotion so it was yawning. I stared at it long and it even made me Yawn! *I just yawned* =.=' <.<

    Lynnzie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yes! exactly..
    that's why, even if my friend is sleepy, i will yawn along and feel sleepy too! (:

    ReplyDelete