Monday, June 16, 2008

Aly and Aj- No one


"No One"

I am moving through the crowd
Trying to find myself
Feel like a guitar that's never played
Will someone strum away?

[Chorus:]
And I ask myself
Who do I wanna be?
Do I wanna throw away the key?
and invent a whole new me
and I tell myself
No One, No One
Don't wanna be
No One
But me..

You are moving through the crowd
Trying to find yourself
Feelin' like a doll left on a shelf
Will someone take you down?

[Chorus:]
And you ask yourself
Who do I wanna be?
Do I wanna throw away the key?
and invent a whole new me
Gotta tell yourself
No One, No One
Don't wanna be
No One
But me..

Your life plays out on the shadows of the wall
You turn the light on to erase it all
You wonder what it's like to not feel worthless
So open all the blinds and all the curtains

No One, No One
Don't wanna be
No One
But me..

We are moving through the crowd...



Everyone is supposed to have a purpose in life. A calling, I've been searching and seeking, seems like I can't find out who do I want to be..

I'm studying A Levels now and I'm still completely lost. Medicine, Journalism, Law, Business, Masscom??!?! Which one?

I can't believe it's been half a year already and I have to put in my Uni applications soon.. And I'm still clueless of what I want to do and who do I want to be ~ Heaven helP!

I want to be a doctor, cause I'm *ehem, altruistic by nature.. *coughs again..
Haha, well I do want to help people .. But.. I'm not sure if I will enjoy doing it for a living..
6 years of studying .. and many many years of hard work. To be honest, I still don't dare to look at a dead body~ yikes..

Journalism.. Hmm, I really wish I can be a writer for a fashion magazine or something. It'll be fun you know, trying out new things and experiencing it yourself and then testifying about it for everyone else~... cool right? Like, how to look fab in all shapes and sizes.. haha.. I could ask ideas from professionals or read up a lot about it myself.. It'll be cool. But, will I be able to keep this exciting and demanding job even when i'm 40 going on 50?

Law.. Blame it on Boston Legal. ish..

Business.. I kinda like it , i guess? I'm fine with it..~ Just.. worried I might not fit in perfectly..

Mass comm? Heard it's fun.. hehe..

I seriously have no idea which path belongs to me.. Or rather which path suits me best..Or which path will I enjoy it's journey the most..

Any advise people???







2 comments:

  1. AMEEEEYYYYYYYY lol

    My best advice for you (from experience) would be to do what you enjoy doing and you're most passionate about. If its music, go for music... If its being a doctor, go for it all the way. I've had many friends change their course because they didn't like it, and merely enrolled in it because their friends/family/dog/cat/hello kitty told them so. No point doing something you don't enjoy right?

    You might also consider weighing your options based on the cost, time, and whether you feel that its something you can do in the long run. If you're not sure what the course is about, do some research in those courses offered by the unis, and maybe you'll gain a better understanding of them before enrolling.

    Last but not least, pray about it too. I believe that there's no such thing as a 'fixed destiny' of who you are born to be. Regardless of the path you choose, I believe God has a plan in store for you. So just trust in him, and go for what you enjoy/do best/most!


    Btw, Kenneth here. Stumbled across your blog while 'studying' *cough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gee. Thanks kenneth! hehe..
    I'll think about your advise!
    I'm sure it'll help.. Just out of curosity, how did you end up in.. er, yr doing computer science now right? yeah. how did you end up in that?

    haha,btw, i always 'study' also..
    and why is yr blog like inactive wan? haha

    ReplyDelete